We all have them, admit it; that one fictional boy that has the ability to make your pulse rise to the point of no return. He has a tendency to piss you off, but at the same time you can’t help how utterly in love you are with him. Because let’s face it…when he’s on, he’s on.
I love to write about those boys too…but as much as I love Mason (from When It’s Least Expected) and Jack (from Resisting Fate) I can’t even begin to compare them to the hottie-mc-hotties I’ve listed below.
Now…some of you my hate my choices, so don’t knock me for it, kay? Or, some of you may just have a few of these boys on your own list. What matters is we all agree that it’s the BOYS and MEN that make up an awesome book. No contest. If I don’t like the boys, I don’t like the book. It’s kind of sad, but it’s also the truth and I’m all about the honesty here.
10. My number ten book boyfriend is no surprise. He’s the boy who started it all for me – the sparkly vampire that would do anything for his lady love. Yes indeed Edward Cullen to me is the epitome of a genuine, sweet, loving book boyfriend, and he will always have a little piece of my heart.
9. I have a bit of an obsession with bad boys. I mean, don’t we all? I love them muscled, bald, and tattooed, and Seth ‘Ghost’ Warren from Leave Me Breathless by Cherrie Lynn is that kind of guy for me. Woo-wee… Can we just say delish and leave it at that?
8. Love in an elevator? No, I’m not singling an Aerosmith song, I’m thinking about Caden Grayson from Laura Kay’s Hearts in Darkness. Yet another sweet bad boy with tats. Are you starting to see a pattern here? J
7. Who doesn’t love a snarky boy too? I mean, I know I do, and the best kind to me is Shane, from the Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine. Sexy, arrogant and rude… Yep all the best ingredients I need in a book boyfriend, for sure, lol.
6. Now here’s another exception to the rules today. This is the second boy on my list (besides Edward) who has the absolute sweet, devotion thing down pat. Caleb, from the Significance series by Shelly Crane. He fights for the people he loves and boy does he love hard. Yet another boy I can’t wait to see on the big screen someday…
5. Now I’m a bit obsessed with YA heroes because that’s what I really enjoy reading. And one of the sexiest YA heroes around to me is Patch from the Hush Hush series. Fallen angels…need I really say more than that? Nope, I think not.
4. Who doesn’t love a sexy man-vampire that can wear the hell out of the color pink? Jack from Amanda Hocking’s My Blood Approves series is that man to me. He was sweet, did the right thing (sometimes) and was the underdog. I’m a big time sucker for sexy underdog heroes by the way.
3. I’m going cliché here, but as far as I’m concerned, Christian Grey from Fifty Shades of Grey can be my dominant man any day of the week. (Um, wow…did I really just admit that?) He’s tortured, but has that sweet passionate side to him that I couldn’t get enough from. I know there’s an influx of woman that either love him, or hate him. But I’ll tell you one thing: I certainly can’t wait to see him and his red room of pain next August.
2. Who doesn’t love the tattooed bad boy from Jamie McGuire’s Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster? I mean really, how much hotter can you get than a man like that? He’s sexy and will do absolutely anything for his Pigeon. Seriously, Travis Maddox is just plain yum-o.
1. And of course, my number one book boyfriend out there is definitely a fave among all ages of woman, from fourteen to forty-two. This cocky, sexy, green eyed alien boy has stolen my heart, ruined me for all other book boyfriends out there. His name you ask? Well, it’s Daemon Black from Jennifer Armentrout’s Lux Series. Le’ Sigh… No words can even begin to tell you what this devilish boy has done to me. But I will say that every hero out there in the fictional world definitely has a lot to live up and it’s all because of the boy who calls his girl Kitten.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my list! Now…tell me who YOUR number one is!